Bahamas betting sites
While the Bahamas is one of the world’s best tourist destinations, with its large-scale resorts and astonishing diving spots, its also home to more than 400,000 people. Unfortunately, only non-residents of the 700 islands, cays, and islets are allowed to gamble. While the laws are in place, it doesn’t stop Bahamians from having a punt at offshore betting sites.
Top online betting sites in Bahamas
Bet You Can!
Bet £10 Get £30 in free bets
Bet €10 Get €30 in free bets 30fVisit 888 Sport 888 Sportsbook Review
Visit Betsson Betsson Review
Sports Are For Winners
100% up to €100
Visit Betway Betway Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly.|
Take every opportunity!
Visit SportPesa SportPesa Review
The game is good!
100% deposit bonus up to €200
Visit Guts Guts Sports Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly.|
Visit William Hill William Hill Review
#1 in the USA
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review
World's Biggest Bookie!
Live streaming kings!
Visit Bet365 Bet365 Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly|
Bahama’s betting laws
The Bahamas is your one-stop shop for sandy beaches, delicious coconut cocktails, and adrenalin-pumping casinos. It’s the perfect destination for tourists to let their hair down for a week or so and enjoy a lazy holiday and show off their poker face. But for the residents, gambling laws means locals cannot enter the land-based casinos, nor can they have a punt online.
The 700 islands, situated close the US, attracts American and Canadian punters, plus other tourists from around the world. Casino gambling has been legal since 1969, providing a source of revenue for the country’s economy. Inside the casinos, tourists can wager on sports betting markets and horse racing, a pastime legalised in 2014. Unfortunately, locals miss out.
Under the Gaming Act 2014, all forms of online gambling are illegal. The government does not issue licenses to internet operators based in the country or overseas. While locals remain prohibited from accessing offshore sites, the government has not blocked online bookmakers or casinos. There are no cases involving player prosecution, which is why many continue to engage in the activity.
Offshore betting sites indicate the operator has set up the online bookmaker in another country. Reputable operators apply for a license, with appropriate authorities reviewing personal, financial and its potential before awarding a license.
Given the proximity to the US, you’d be forgiven if you thought the Bahamas counted as one of America’s Territories (often a restricted location at online gambling sites). While the Bahamas is still technically a part of the Commonwealth, it’s considered to be an independent country.
Best offshore betting sites in the Bahamas
If you’re going to circumvent the laws, do your research and only sign up for a secure betting site. We don’t recommend Bahamian’s break the law, but if you’re going to ignore us, you may as well be safe. There is a selection of betting sites available to punters around the world, which feature everything one could need. However, gamblers can want different things, so we have listed a few betting sites based on what their best features are.
Additionally, if you’re visiting the Bahamas and looking for a way to bet on the beach, instead of ditching the family, you can sign up to the sites listed in the table above. The rules state that foreigners can bet online if its legal to do so in their home country – UK punters can fire away.
Mybet offers a great selection of sports punters can bet on, including hockey, soccer, baseball, boxing, basketball, Formula 1, cricket, darts, handball, tennis, rugby and volleyball. The online betting site also offers live betting for selected sports, including soccer and hockey.
Although Guts is known for its casino, it also offers a sportsbook which has been dubbed by real players as a worthy contender in the competitive industry. Guts betting site is renowned for its fast withdrawal processing times when using web wallets, which we have included details about below.
- It may be difficult to locate a betting site which accepts the Bahamian Dollar, so depositing, betting and withdrawing in cryptocurrencies may be preferred. BetOnline online betting site accepts deposits in bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum, which you can do after obtaining a crypto wallet and your preferred digital currency.
Bahamian deposit methods at betting sites
Although most betting sites don’t accept the Bahamian dollar, you will find that one BSD equals one USD, meaning you won’t have to worry about conversion rates. All sportsbooks accept USD and you can either fund a web wallet, using a local payment method, to use to fund your betting site account or use a direct payment method.
Although most betting sites don’t accept the Bahamian dollar, you will find that one BSD equals one USD, so you won’t have to worry about conversion rates. All sportsbooks accept USD, and you can either fund a web wallet, using a local payment method, to fund your betting site account or use a direct payment method. The following options are available;
- This is the quickest way to fund your account, which you can do via Visa and MasterCard at most betting sites. Your card may be declined due to your financial institution’s policy on gambling transactions, so be sure to look it up.
- E-Wallets are ideal alternatives if you don’t want to use a credit or debit card (or can’t). Punters can create an online account with Neteller, Skrill, or PayPal (the three web wallets accepted at betting sites), and fund it via a bank transfer or local payment method. Then use your web wallet details to fund your online betting account.
- Bank transfers off a secure way to deposit a large amount. Standard bank transfers can take a few days to process, but you may be able to pay a fee for an instant transaction.
- Digital currencies are exploding, with Bitcoin leading the way. Punters can deposit and bet with Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum after obtaining the digital currencies via a crypto wallet.