The United States PGA Tour is the world’s richest and most prestigious professional golf circuit. Players flock from all parts of the globe to test their game against America’s best in a gruelling year-round grind that culminates in the FedEx Cup Playoffs and the Tour Championship. Check out the schedule, see the latest odds and find out which online bookmakers have the best golf markets for punters in United States.
Best golf betting bookies
|#1||100% matched deposit, up to $520||
||> Review||Bet Now|
|#2||Claim a 50% deposit bonus up to the value of USD $250||
||> Review||Bet Now|
|#3||50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000||
||> Review||Bet Now|
How to bet on PGA Tour golf
The worldwide boom in online sports betting means there are now hundreds of ways to have a flutter on PGA Tour events. Open the tabs below to learn more about some of the most popular markets on offer.
- Who will win the tournament? That’s the only thing you have to consider when taking outright odds on a golf tournament.
- If you want to hedge your bets a little, you can back a player to finish in the top five, top 10, or even the top 20. The more places you take, the lower the payout.
- Most PGA Tour events see players grouped in twos or threes for each round, which opens up the option to bet on who will shoot the lowest score for the group.
- Who will finish higher on the leaderboard: Rory McIlroy or Dustin Johnson? That is the essence of match bets, which may be framed over 36, 54, or the full 72 holes.
- Which player will lead the tournament after 18 holes? This is a tough bet to pick, so the odds are even more juicy than for the outright winner.
- The PGA Tour draws top talent from all over the world, which allows golf bookies to run markets for the leading players from Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe and a number of individual countries.
- Online bookmakers take bets on the majors all year round, but you will also find special markets for player wins, money leaders, cut streaks and more.
Top tournaments on the PGA Tour
The PGA Tour now features more than 40 events, all of which offer millions in prize money. It extends well beyond the shores of the mainland United States, with tournaments in Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic as well as co-sanctioned events in Asia and Europe.
- Often called ‘the fifth major’, the Players Championship is the PGA Tour’s flagship event. It is one of the most lucrative tournaments in the world, with prize money that regularly exceeds the total purse on offer at the British Open. The Players is held in May each year at the iconic TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
- Founded in 1999, the World Golf Championships are jointly sanctioned by the PGA Tour, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour, Asian Tour, Sunshine Tour and Australasian PGA Tour. These are among the highest-paying events in golf, with only the majors and the Players Championship offering bigger purses. There are now four WGC tournaments on the roster:
– WGC Mexico Championship
– WGC Dell Match Play
– WGC Bridgestone Invitational
– WGC HSCB Champions
Although the original mission of the WGC was to bring high-profile events to the rest of the world, three of the four tournaments are regularly staged in North America. The odd one out is the WGC Champions, which is held in China.
- The FedEx Cup was introduced in 2007 in a bid to bring the PGA Tour’s season structure more in line with the NFL, the NBA and other American sports leagues. Points are awarded for each tournament throughout the year and the top 125 players enter a playoff series that consists of four high-profile events:
– The Northern Trust (top 125 players)
– Dell Championship (top 100 players)
– BMW Championship (top 70 players)
– Tour Championship (top 30 players)
At the conclusion of the Tour Championship, the FedEx Cup is awarded to whichever player has the highest number of ranking points. Tiger Woods (2007 and 2009) is the only man to win it twice.
- Arnold Palmer Invitational
The famous closing hole at Arnie’s own Bay Hill Club makes this one of the best-known events on the PGA Tour. This is a happy hunting for Tiger Woods, who has won the event eight times.
Every golfer on tour has special affection for the tourney that Jack Nicklaus founded back in 1976. Nobody plays Muirfield Village better than Tiger, a five-time winner.
Wells Fargo Championship
This is one of the youngest events on the PGA Tour, but the gorgeous surrounds of North Carolina’s Quail Hollow Club has made it a firm favourite with players and punters alike.
Pebble Beach Pro-Am
The Bing Crosby Pro-Am was founded in 1937 and remains a highlight on the winter swing of the PGA Tour. Top players, celebrity hacks and three of California’s most famous seaside courses – what more could you want?
Believe it or not, this is the only national golf championship operated by the PGA Tour. It is also the third-oldest continuously running event on the calendar, after the British Open and the US Open.
PGA Tour events, stats and records
Information is a punter’s best friend. Open the tabs below to read up on tour records, noteworthy statistics and this year’s tournament schedule.
DATE EVENT LOCATION WINNER Oct 4-7 Safeway Open Silverado Country Club
Kevin Tway Oct 11-14 CIMB Classic TPC Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Marc Leishman Oct 18-21 CJ Cup Nine Bridges Golf Club
Jeju Island, Korea
Brooks Koepka Oct 25-28 WGC-HSBC Champions Sheshan Golf Club
Xander Shauffele Oct 25-28 Sanderson Farms Championship Country Club of Jackson
Cameron Champ Nov 1-4 Shriners Hospitals for
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bryson DeChambeau Nov 8-11 OHL Classic at Mayakoba El Camaleon Mayakoba
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Matt Kuchar Nov 15-18 RSM Classic Sea Island Resort
St Simons Island, Georgia
Charles Howell III Jan 3-6 Sentry Tournament of Champions Kapalua Resort
Xander Shauffele Jan 10-13 Sony Open Waialae Country Club
Matt Kuchar Jan 17-20 Desert Classic PGA West/La Quinta
Riverside County, California
Adam Long Jan 24-27 Farmers Insurance Open Torrey Pines Golf Course
San Diego, California
Justin Rose Jan 31-Feb 3 Waste Management
Rickie Fowler Feb 7-10 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Pebble Beach/Spyglass Hill/Monterrey
Pebble Beach, California
Phil Mickelson Feb 14-17 Genesis Open Riviera Country Club
Pacific Palisades, California
JB Holmes Feb 21-24 WGC-Mexico Championship Club de Golf Chapaltupec
Dustin Johnson Feb 21-24 Puerto Rico Open Coco Beach Golf & Country Club
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Martin Trainer Feb 28-Mar 3 Honda Classic PGA National Golf Club
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Keith Mitchell Mar 7-10 Arnold Palmer Invitational Bay Hill Club
Francesco Molinari Mar 14-17 Players Championship TPC Sawgrass
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Rory McIlroy Mar 21-14 Valspar Championship Innisbrook Resort
Palm Harbor, Florida
Paul Casey Mar 27-31 WGC-Dell Technologies
Austin Country Club
Kevin Kisner Mar 28-31 Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship Corales Golf Club
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Graeme McDowell Apr 4-7 Valero Texas Open TPC San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
Corey Conners Apr 11-14 Masters Tournament Augusta National Golf Club
Tiger Woods Apr 18-21 RBC Heritage Harbor Town Golf Links
Hilton Head, South Carolina
CT Pan Apr 25-28 Zurich Classic of New Orleans TPC Louisiana
May 2-5 Wells Fargo Championship Quail Hollow Club
Charlotte, North Carolina
? May 9-12 AT&T Byron Nelson Trinity Forest Golf Club
? May 16-19 PGA Championship Bethpage State Park
Farmingdale, New York
? May 23-26 Charles Schwab Challenge Colonial Country Club
Fort Worth, Texas
? May 30-Jun 2 Memorial Tournament Muirfield Village Golf Club
? Jun 6-9 RBC Canadian Open Hamilton Golf & Country Club
? Jun 13-16 US Open Championship Pebble Beach Golf Links
Pebble Beach, California
? Jun 20-23 Travelers Championship TPC River Highlands
? Jun 27-30 Rocket Mortgage Classic Detroit Golf Club
? Jul 4-7 3M Open TPC Twin Cities
? Jul 11-14 John Deere Classic TPC Deere Run
? Jul 18-21 The Open Championship Royal Portrush Golf Club
Portrush, Northern Ireland
? Jul 18-21 Barbasol Championship Keene Trace Golf Club
? Jul 25-28 WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational TPC Southwind
? Jul 25-18 Barracuda Championship Montreux Golf & Country Club
? Aug 1-4 Wyndham Championship Sedgefield Country Club
Greensboro, North Carolina
? Aug 8-11 The Northern Trust Liberty National Golf Club
Jersey City, New Jersey
? August 15-18 BMW Championship Medinah Country Club
? Aug 22-25 Tour Championship East Lake Golf Club
- Most career wins
82 – Sam Snead
81 – Tiger Woods
73 – Jack Nicklaus
Most wins in a year
18 – Byron Nelson (1945)
13 – Ben Hogan (1946)
11 – Sam Snead (1950)
Most wins at the same event
Eight – Sam Snead, Greater Greensboro Open
Eight – Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer Invitational
Eight – Tiger Woods, WGC Bridgestone Invitational
Longest winning streaks
11 – Byron Nelson (1945)
Seven – Tiger Woods (2006-07)
Six – Ben Hogan (1948)
Lowest 72-hole score
253 (59-64-65-65) – Justin Thomas, 2017 Sony Open
254 (64-62-63-65) – Tommy Armour III, 2003 Valero Texas Open
255 (65-67-61-62) – Steve Stricker, 2009 Bob Hope Classic
Most career cuts made
592 – Jay Haas
590 – Tom Kite
583 – Raymond Floyd
Most consecutive cuts made
142 – Tiger Woods (1998-2005)
113 – Byron Nelson (1941-1948)
105 – Jack Nicklaus (1970-1976)
19 years, four days – Harry Cooper, 1923 Galveston Open
19 years, eight months – Ralph Guldahl, 1931 Santa Monica Open
19 years, 10 months – Johnny McDermott, 1911 US Open
52 years, 10 months – Sam Snead, 1965 Greater Greensboro Open
51 years, seven months – Art Wall, 1975 Greater Milwaukee Open
51 years, four months – Davis Love III, 2015 Wyndham Championship
- Tiger Woods – $118,309,570
Phil Mickelson – $90,467,104
Vijay Singh – $71,216,128
Jim Furyk – $70,588,191
Dustin Johnson – $60,193,428
Justin Rose – $51,559,829
Adam Scott – $50,852,852
Sergio Garcia – $49,442,230
Ernie Els – $49,264,449
Matt Kuchar – $49,102,921
Last updated: April 29, 2019
Latest golf news, odds and tips
Koepka on track for historic US Open three-peat at Pebble Beach
The world no.1 is aiming to become the first man since 1905 to win three consecutive US Open titles.
2019 PGA Championship betting tips – Tiger Woods specials
Koepka, Johnson, McIlroy and Woods head the betting for the 2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage.
Tiger’s Masters fairytale delivers $1million pay-out for true believer
One punter will have celebrated harder than the Tiger Woods after the incredible 2019 US Masters result after netting $US1 million in winnings in the...
2019 US Masters betting predictions – green jacket winner odds & tips
The first and perhaps biggest golfing major of the calendar year is held at the mythical Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia and will see...
PGA Tour loosens regulations for gambling sponsorship
The PGA Tour has opened the door for players to endorse gambling companies during events.