Malaysia betting sites
Malaysia is one of many nations where the status of online gambling is clear as mud. Lawmakers have talked about updating outmoded legislation, but the situation remains murky. Let us shed some light on how Malaysia’s gambling laws affect online sports betting and casino games.
Is online gambling legal in Malaysia?
The Betting Act 1953 prohibits the operation and use of betting houses in Malaysia, while the Common Gaming Houses Act 1953 forbids casino gaming and most other forms of gambling. The question is: how do these apply to online betting and wagering, if at all?
This is a hot-button issue in Malaysia. Existing laws are decades out of date and could be interpreted a hundred different ways. There is also the small matter of Sharia law, which forbids all Malay Muslims from gambling and creates a complex duality within the federal legal system.
Authorities are in the process of reviewing and updating the country’s gambling laws. As things stand, however, the lack of specific legislation for online gambling means there is nothing to stop Malaysian residents from using sports betting sites and online casinos.
Online sports betting in Malaysia
Despite recent talk of a blanket ban on remote gambling, the Malaysian sports betting industry continues to thrive. The licensed online bookmakers below are among the best in the business, offering great odds and superior service to gamblers all over the world.
Bet You Can!
Bet £10 Get £30 in free bets
Bet €10 Get €30 in free bets 30fVisit 888 Sport 888 Sportsbook Review
Take every opportunity!
Visit SportPesa SportPesa Review
Visit William Hill William Hill Review
#1 in the USA
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review
World's Biggest Bookie!
Live streaming kings!
Visit Bet365 Bet365 Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly|
Sport and racing options
- British colonists brought horse racing to Malaysia in the early 19th century. Penang, Perak, Selangor and Singapore are the biggest tracks in the region, but online bookmakers also run extensive markets for races in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, the United States and Europe.
- Football arrived on the Malay Peninsula in the 1800s and is far and away the most popular sport in the region. Sports betting sites manage full books on the Malaysia Super League as well as major competitions such as the English Premier League, the UEFA Champions League and the FIFA World Cup.
- From Olympic success to the record-breaking exploits of Nicol David, Malaysia boasts a rich tradition in racquet sports. Wimbledon and other major tennis events take centre stage, but online bookies also do a healthy trade in badminton, squash, racquetball and table tennis.
- Malaysian online bookmakers have markets for just about everything, including:
- American football
- Australian football
- Gaelic football
- Greyhound racing
- Ice hockey
- Mixed martial arts
- Rugby league
- Rugby union
- Winter sports
Malaysia online casinos
There are dozens of online casinos that accept players from Malaysia, but not all are equal. The licensed gambling sites below are top-class operators that tick all the boxes for game quality, user-friendly design, software security, banking options and customer service.
All Slots Casino
3 x 100% Matched Deposits up to 500€ BONUS
Visit All Slots All Slots Casino Review
King of mobile!
Leo Vegas Casino
20 Free Spins - No Deposit Bonus
Visit Leo Vegas Leo Vegas Casino Review
|20 Free Spins on Book of Dead game only. Must be claimed on the 'My Offers' page within 14 days of sign-up. Free Spins have a €0.10 value each and expire 7 days from claim. 35x wagering requirement on eligible slots before winnings are converted to cash.|
More slots than most!
$100 + 100 Free Spins
Visit Slots Million Slots Million Review
|Valid in any non-restricted country. 48x wagering requirements. Full terms and conditions apply.|
House Of Jack
House Of Jack Review
Casino Mate Review
Royal Vegas Review
Jackpot City Review
Online casino games
- The best real money casinos carry hundreds of online slot games from leading software developers. Titles cover a wide variety of styles, while the progressive jackpot networks of Microgaming and NetEnt offer some of the biggest cash prizes on the World Wide Web.
- Whether you like cards, dice, or wheels, the top Malaysian casino sites have you covered. Choose from myriad varieties of blackjack, roll the bones on sic bo or craps, and enjoy a low house edge on single-zero roulette games.
- Live dealer casinos allow you to play your favourite games in real time from the comfort of your own home. Live blackjack, live baccarat, live roulette and live casino poker tables offer a luxurious gambling experience for casual punters and high rollers alike.
- The best thing about gambling online is the sheer variety at your fingertips. Video poker, virtual racing, instant scratch cards, bingo and keno – there is no shortage of options out there. You will also come across titles you have never seen in a casino before, such as Spingo, Triangulation and Crown & Anchor.
Banking options at Malaysia gambling sites
You cannot gamble online without a safe, convenient way to deposit and withdraw money. Online betting operators accept a variety of currencies, including Malaysian ringgits. Open the tabs below to learn more about the most popular payment methods at Malaysia’s best online casinos and bookmakers.
- Credit and debit cards are the quickest, simplest way to get money in and out of your online betting account. All reputable gambling sites accept instant deposits with Visa and MasterCard.
- Most online bookies and casino sites support e-wallets such as Neteller and Skrill, which means you can make transactions online without having to share your credit card or bank details.
- If credit cards and e-wallets are not your thing, you can make online payments direct from your personal bank account. Citadel Direct instant banking is available at online gambling sites all over the world.
- Unlike most online payment methods, standard bank transfers are not subject to daily transaction limits. That makes them ideal for high-stakes gamblers who need to move large sums at a time.
Latest Malaysia gambling news
[rm_recent_news tags=”MY” title=”” ajax=”true”]