Online casino gambling is arguably one of the most money-driven industries in the world; and whenever there is such a large emphasis on currency within a certain field, that industry will always open itself up to scams, hoaxes, and rogue operations, where people will extort money from customers through coercion and unethical practices.
So when Aussie punters just want to have a fair go when it comes to interactive casino betting, enjoy tested and approved games such as the pokies, blackjack, roulette, video poker and baccarat, be paid out on time and in full, and have access to 24/7 customer support, how do they find the sites which accommodate these basic and honest desires?
Do the research
BettingPlanet.com is a portal providing up to date information about the trusted and reputable casino sites Australians should utilise, as well as detailing the rogue and deceitful gambling sites which should be avoided at all costs.
We put in countless hours of research and communication to find the highest quality gaming operators, and work around the clock to ensure our recommended casinos continue to adhere to the strict online gaming regulations set by independent testing agencies and licensing authorities.
We ensure the operators have acquired their licenses from the correct gaming governing bodies, and are audited on a regular basis to confirm gaming and player integrity, and responsible operator conduct. However, individual players should also check each site they are interested in registering an account with, before playing games for real money.
A few key details to look out for when testing to see whether a gambling site is legitimate in its business practices and gaming fairness, include:
- How long the online gambling company has been in operation.
- With what gaming regulatory bodies does the company hold licenses with – the U.K. Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, Curaçao eGaming, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association are five chief registered governing commissions which oversee the activities of online and mobile casinos.
- Is the site recognised by an independent testing agencies, such as eCOGRA (the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance body)?
- Are the payout percentages of the random number generated games publicly accessible?
- Is live chat support staff available, and are there other means of getting in touch with the support team if live chat is not available 24/7?
- Are all financial transactions protected with Secure Socket Layer digital encryption technology, to ensure no personal data is leaked?
- Does the site have a publicly accessible ‘responsible gambling’ guideline, which incorporates measures which are taken to prevent underage children from accessing real money online and mobile gaming services?
- Does the web URL display “https://” in its address?
- Which gaming software providers does the gambling operator use? Big names such as Microgaming, Net Entertainment, BetSoft, Playtech, NextGen, NYXGaming, Leander and Rival deal are trusted brand names which deal exclusively with only the most respected online and mobile casino sites.
- Are the terms and conditions laid out in an easy to understand format?
- Does the site look well designed, or are there elements which are poorly set up?
If you have any concerns that a site may not be fulfilling any of these basic requirements, get in touch with the team at BettingPlanet.com and we can provide you with some further information.
Why do gaming sites get blacklisted?
If you search for a selected Internet casino in Google, you will quickly see whether the terms ‘rogue’ or ‘blacklisted’ appear within the search – if any of those words do appear on a certain forum or respected forum, it is wise not to register with that operator.
Many sites are blacklisted because of the following reasons, as stated by many unhappy customers:
- Unfair random number generated games which are not consistent with approved RNG titles
- Not paying out legitimate winnings to players
- Poor or no customer support
- Stealing web content from other sites
- Unethical business practices with affiliate partners
- False advertising, especially for bonus and promotional offers
Some sites which have been outed within gambling forums and other official reviews forums, as treating players unfairly, include:
- Absolute Poker
- African Palace Casino
- Betport Internet Casino
- Balzac Casino
- City Club Casino
- Cleopatra’s Casino
- Cool Cat Casino
- Golden Palace
- Grand Privé Casinos
- Lucky Ace Casino and Poker
- Mighty Slots Casino
- Ultimate Bet
Once you have a clearer picture of how a certain casino deals with its players, you can come to a well informed decision as to whether you wish to sign up. Here are four operators we high recommend for Aussies to register accounts with – each allows for AUD transactions and bets, boasts 24/7 live chat support, are licensed and regulated by genuine authorities, and provide high quality RNG and live dealer titles:
- www.RoyalVegasCasino.com – One of the oldest and most respected online and mobile casino
- www.GdayCasino.com – Quality gaming designed specifically for Australians
- www.Thrills.com – Hosting games from 13+ reputable software suppliers
- www.RoxyPalace.com – Over 650 titles powered by Microgaming
Always gamble responsibly, never chase your loses, and have fun. And it can never hurt to do that extra bit of research before depositing real cash with any chosen gaming site.