William Hill Review
Players from United States not accepted
A respected global brand with a large imprint in Australia. Great racing product for thoroughbred fanatics. Watch NBA live in Australia.Visit William Hill
- URL: http://williamhill.com
- Year founded: 1934
- Owner: WilliamHill PLC
- Licenses: United Kingdom Gambling Commission, NT Racing Commission
- Deposit Options: Astropay, BPAY, POLi, Paypal, Skrill, Visa, William Hill Card, debit card
- Withdrawal Options: PayPal, Visa, Neteller, MasterCard, Delta, Bank Transfer, Check, Skrill, Ukash, Paysafe Card, Click2Pay, Quick Cash, Postal Orders, Webmoney, Prslewy24, SofortÃ¼berweisung, Giropay, Nordea, Abagoos, IDEAL, Moneta.ru, INSTADEBOT, eKonto, Boleto Bancario, eWire, Eps, Multibanco, Linea Abierta, BankLink
- Currencies Supported: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, USD
- Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Algeria, American Samoa, Anguilla, Antarctica, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Bouvet Island, British Indian Ocean Territory, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Djibouti, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, France, French Guyana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guan, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Heard and McDonald Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mayotte, Micronesia, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Naura, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Niger, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Pitcairn, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia, St. Helens, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Sudan, Surinam, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Syria, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Togo, Tristan de Cunha, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, UAE, United States minor outlying territories, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City State (Holy See), Virgin Islands (USA), Wallis and Futuna Islands, Yemen, Netherlands, Brazil. Estonia, Portugal
- Phone: 1800 007 238
WHO started it all? Mr. William Hill launched “William Hill” in 1934 as a postal and telephone betting service in the UK.
The company has been sold multiple times throughout the years and is now listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 250 Index).
William Hill launched an online sportsbook back in 1998 and an offshore telephone betting service in 2000. In 2012 – William Hill became the first European gaming operator to be awarded with a Nevada gaming license in the United States.
The company has a global reach – accepting players in most countries including the UK, Canada, Australia and most countries in the EU. The website is translated in over twenty languages, including English, French, Spanish, Russian and German, among others.
Placing your first bet at William Hill
Ease of use is important for new bettors and William Hill has done a great job making it simple to go from signing up to placing your first bet. Registration is easy and there are ample banking methods (discussed below), but let’s look at how to place a wager.
The first step is selecting the sport you want to bet on, which is made possible by clicking “More Sports” at the top right of the William Hill website. After clicking on the sport all of the betting markets will appear below on the left of the screen.
Every bet type is available from one screen, including any matches/events currently in-play.
When you click on the exact bet you want to place – the bet will be moved to the bet slip on the same screen (right side). If you want to place a single bet, just enter the bet amount and confirm. To place a multiple (parlay), keep adding bets to the slip.
If it’s possible to place an each-way bet on the market you chose, the option will be available from the bet slip.
William Hill bonuses and promotions
Unfortunately – the bonuses are offered on a country-by-country basis – meaning there are multiple bonus codes.
I’m going to list the bonus codes here, but the easiest way to find out the exact bonus you’re eligible for is to click on our links and see what bonus is offered on the landing page. All of the bonuses have a rollover to meet, along with several other terms.
The rollover and terms vary by bonus, so I won’t be listing them all out in this review.
· UK/Ireland: £25 Free bet (Bonus code: “F25”).
· Canada: 100% Free bet for up to $100 (Bonus code: “CAD100”).
· Spain: €100 Free bet (Bonus code: “ES100”).
· Italy: €50 Free bet (Bonus code: “ITA50”).
· Sweden: 1000 Krona (SEK) in free bets (Bonus code: “SVWH”).
There’s also a poker and casino bonus available for players in most countries, on top of the sports free bets. Ongoing promotions can be lacking, but your best bet is to follow William Hill on Twitter to get the latest enhanced odds and betting offers.
William Hill TV provides live streaming of all major sporting events, including horse racing, at no charge to the client.
Why you should bet at William Hill
Let’s take a look at the betting markets, bet types and more in this section of my William Hill review.
Coverage of UK and European sports are still a priority at William Hill, but they have all bases covered. The CFL is available for Canadian handicappers, the AFL is available for Aussie punters and all major US sports will have plenty of markets posted.
There are 25+ sports to bet on and that’s not including the novelty, entertainment and political betting markets.
The soccer markets have the most bet types, as there are 100+ markets open before the majority of soccer matches. However, there are a lot of alternative and exotic markets for most sports – tennis matches will have 30+ markets open pre-match.
William Hill offers correct score betting on most sports, including MLB, which you don’t see often. There are dozens of props to bet on for most games, including team props and player props. Futures bets receive a lot of attention as well.
There are regular season win totals, outright markets, division/conference markets and many other futures bets.
Live betting at William Hill is among the best in the industry just on the bet types offered alone. The fact you can listen in to the game on a radio or watch a lot of events on William Hill TV makes betting in-play at WH an even better experience.
Bettors can view the events in-play by clicking on the sport they want to bet on. Any games currently in-play will have a yellow “LIVE” button next to the event. From here – you can click on the “+ Bets” tab to open up all of the live betting markets.
Horse racing isn’t overlooked either – William Hill guarantees the best odds on all UK and Irish horse racing.
Mobile betting is available on the iPhone and Android. On the iPhone you need to be running iOS 5.5.1 or higher in order to access the iPhone betting app, while Android users need to be running Android OS 2.36 (Gingerbread) or higher.
All of the same betting markets are available on the mobile apps, including the biggest selection of in-play markets.
William Hill also offers text betting and telephone betting. Call 0800 44 46 66 (UK) or +800 11 22 33 11 (International) to place a bet on your telephone or text “60609” (UK) to place a bet through text message if you live in the UK.
Minimum and maximum bet amounts
William Hill doesn’t state the betting limits they offer on the website in an accessible manner.
The maximum bet is £10,000, but you’ll only be able to get that amount down on major sports and bet types. Props, futures and all of the alternative markets will have considerably lower betting limits.
Like most UK betting shops – betting restrictions are frequent at William Hill – especially if you expect to arbitrage.
The minimum bet is only £0.03 – perfect for low bankroll bettors looking to try online betting out for the first time.
Deposit and withdrawal methods
William Hill rates highly for many reasons and one of those is banking.
They offer dozens of banking methods, including credit cards, debit cards, vouchers, cash, e-wallets and local banking options. A few of the popular deposit and payout options are Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, Visa Electron, Maestro, Skrill, Neteller and Wire.
Local banking options are available in certain countries and include EUTeller, Nordea, EPS, Trustly, AstroPay and Yandex.
Cheques are available. Canadians can utilize Ukash, PaySafe Card, InstaDebit and numerous other methods. Bettors in the UK and Ireland can even use cash by visiting a William Hill betting shop and depositing using “William Hill Cash Direct”.
Payout methods are expansive as well and include cash, e-wallets, credit cards, wire, cheque and debit cards. The minimum payout is £5 to £25 depending upon the method you choose and new bettors may need to verify their account.
Most payouts are free, other than Western Union (variable) and bank transfer (£5). All deposits are always free.
The currencies supported at the William Hill Sportsbook are USD, CAD, AUD, EUR, GBP, HKD, CHF, JPY, DKK, SGD and SEK.
William Hill customer service and contact details
Everyone can access the help section at William Hill by clicking on the “Help” button at the top right of the website.
Will Hill updates the FAQ section regularly with answers to most common questions, so enter some keywords into the search feature to see if your question has been answered. If not – use one of the contact methods below to reach a support rep.
· From the help section – click on “Live Chat” and enter your contact details to be connected with a rep.
· Select “Email” from the help section, select your product (IE: Sports), enter your email and send.
· UK: 0800 085 6296 / Outside UK: +44 870 600 0479
· Mobile Freephone: 0300 123 0794 / International Freephone: +800 3551 3551